Storage Driver of the ICs require the Windows Driver Framework (WDF), which was not loaded in this case. So the Storage Driver fails to load. Looking into the Registry of the VM, shows that the WDF Driver was already installed previously, but had the wrong Group relationship, so it is initialized too late…
- Press F8 during boot, and go into LastKnownGood
- Open the Registry and goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Wdf01000
- Change ‘Group’ key from ‘base…’ to WdfLoadGroup
- Remove the Integration Components
- After reboot the VM, install the Integration Components repeat
Update Rollup 2 be up to the top of the others (higher versions) to remove it.
When put on properly in that role, then of course you can install the rest of Update Rollup.
Trivia: in case you would have created a virtual directory by hand (ews, autodiscovery, etc), then the role must be removed before install.
(developer info) This version is based on v9.1.2, but here’s what else it’s got :
– Honeybee boot animation
– Honeycomb-ish onscreen keyboard (folder in /LocalDisk if you want Froyo keyboard back)
– My newest build.prop edit
– Cleaned up init.rc, with MORE system setting tweaks injected into it!
– Tidied up the rc0.d folder
– Scripts which make a swapfile on first boot, and then use it at every boot
– General housekeeping within the android2.2-froyo.tgz
– Market 3.1.6 (if you want Market 2.3.6, remove com.android.vending.316 from /FirmwareInstall/packages/fs_patch/root_patch/system/app/ before flashing)
– Some apps included by default (Aldiko, RealCalc, QuickOffice, GMail)
– An ‘Apps’ folder in LocalDisk, containing NESoid (with 6 ROMs!*) and other apps for manual install
– LOADS of notification sounds
Download and other info:
SSD thread if needed (highly recommended: D), disable the Prefetch and Superfetch:
Use the good old regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ⇒ SYSTEM ⇒ CurrentControlSet ⇒ Control ⇒ Session Manager ⇒ Memory Management ⇒ PrefetchParameters
EnableSuperfetch = 0
EnablePrefetcher = 0