(SharePoint Foundation Search (Event ID: 70; Category: Gatherer))
Launch an elevated (Run as Administrator) SharePoint 2010 Management shell from start, All Programs, Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products, SharePoint 2010 Management Shell.
Run: (get-spserver $env:computername).NeedsUpgrade
If the result of this command is True:
1. Open an Administrative command prompt.
2. Change directory to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN
3. Run PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
Relatively time consuming, not to panic …
After the publishing the infopath form in the SharePoint, you will find a banner called “Powered by infopath form services“.
stsadm.exe -o setformserviceproperty -pn allowbranding -pv false
stsadm.exe -o setformserviceproperty -pn allowbranding -pv true
stsadm.exe -o getformserviceproperty -pn allowbranding
- Import the SharePoint MP’s
- Create an account just for the purpose of monitoring the SharePoint solution (in AD)
- Now with our new account create with only Domain User rights we can go to the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration Site
- We need to add this account into Ops Mgr RunAs Accounts for the next stage in the configuration of the SharePoint MP. I have given it this display name because it is the default name that Microsoft use in the next phase
- Move the SharePointMP.config file from “C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center Management Packs\Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products OpsMgr 2007 MP en-us” and move it to “ C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs”
- Then we need we need to add our SharePoint detail into the SharePointMP.config file, I left the Association Account the same but under the Machine Name. When you have entered the SharePoint Server Names then close and save the changes.
In the SharepointMP.Config file:
<Association Account="SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Account" Type="Agent">
<Machine Name="" />
SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Account ->This is not the account name, but the account’s display name!
If you are installing a new organ Sharepoint 2010 farm, be sure to update the other server patch level (preferably in exactly that way!). However, even if you get an error (Event ID: 2137), that need some update.
Unlike the description, is not always sufficient to psconfigui.exe running. In this case, issue the following command:
PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures
You should specify C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN directory issue 😉
Enter at the PowerShell prompt (Start > All Programs > Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products > SharePoint 2010 Management Shell):
$passphrase = ConvertTo-SecureString -asPlainText -Force
Set-SPPassPhrase -PassPhrase $passphrase -Confirm
(Of course, the password immediately after you close the PowerShell I found … 🙂 )
Before we can go ahead and start configuring things in SharePoint, we need details of and potential changes made to eDirectory. Make sure you have or can gather all of the below before starting.
Full solution: http://www.harbar.net/articles/sp2010upsedir.aspx
Creating External Content types and by using it we have created external list we may see this error: Access denied By Business Data Connectivity…
- Open Central Administration site.
- Go to Manage service applications.
- Go to Business Connectivity Application.
- Select the External Content Type option from dropdown.
- Select Set Permissions from context menu.
- Give specific permission.
- Hit OK.