- Import the SharePoint MP’s
- Create an account just for the purpose of monitoring the SharePoint solution (in AD)
- Now with our new account create with only Domain User rights we can go to the SharePoint 2010 Central Administration Site
- We need to add this account into Ops Mgr RunAs Accounts for the next stage in the configuration of the SharePoint MP. I have given it this display name because it is the default name that Microsoft use in the next phase
- Move the SharePointMP.config file from “C:\Program Files (x86)\System Center Management Packs\Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products OpsMgr 2007 MP en-us” and move it to “ C:\Program Files\System Center Management Packs”
- Then we need we need to add our SharePoint detail into the SharePointMP.config file, I left the Association Account the same but under the Machine Name. When you have entered the SharePoint Server Names then close and save the changes.
In the SharepointMP.Config file:
<Association Account="SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Account" Type="Agent"> <Machine Name="" /> </Association>
SharePoint Discovery/Monitoring Account ->This is not the account name, but the account’s display name!