The info file is not appropriate and thoughtful reading: CU5 after the patch, you must manually run two SQL scripts.
Manual operations that must be performed after you update the root management server and Data Warehouse.
This update contains fixes that must be manually applied. These fixes are applied by running the \SQLUpdate\CU5_DataWarehouse.sql file against the Operations Manager data warehouse (OperationsManagerDW) and by running the \SQLUpdate\CU5_Database.sql file against the Operations Manager database (OperationsManager).
To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the computer that hosts the Operations Manager 2007 database by using a user account that has database system administrator (SA) rightsto the Operations Manager 2007 database instance. To perform the database update remotely, log on to a computer that hosts SQL ServerManagement Studio by using a user account that has the appropriate SA rights to the Operations Manager 2007 database.
- Run SQL Server Management Studio.
- In the Connect to Server dialog box, connect to the instance of SQL Server that hosts the Operations Manager database. The default database name is OperationsManager.
- Click New Query on the toolbar.
- From the SQL Editor toolbar, use the Available databases option to select the Operations Manager database.
- On the File menu, click Open, select the \SQLUpdate\CU5_Database.sql file that was extracted by the Windows installer (.msi file), and then click Open.
- When the file is loaded, click Execute in the SQL Editor toolbar.
- For the Operations Manager data warehouse, repeat steps.However, connect to the instance of SQL Server that hosts the Operations Manager data warehouse, and then run the \SQLUpdate\CU5_DataWarehouse.sql file.